For the greater glory of God, and for the cause of fine music in this
land, we being severally members of the American Guild of Organist do declare our
mind and intentions in these things:
Return to topReturn to Member Resources
- We believe that the office of music in Divine Worship is a
Sacred Oblation before the Most High.
- We believe that they who are set as Organists and Choir Directors
in the House of God ought themselves to be people of devout conduct, teaching the
ways of earnestness to those committed to their charge.
- We believe that the unity of purpose and fellowship of life between
Clergy and Musicians should be everywhere established and maintained.
- We believe that at all times and in all places it is our duty to
work and pray for the advancement of Divine Worship in the holy gifts of strength
and nobleness, to the end that God's House may be purged of its blemishes, that
the minds of all may be instructed, that the honor of that House may be guarded
in our time and the time to come.
- Wherefore we do give ourselves with reverence and humility to these
endeavors, offering up our work and our lives in the Name of Him, without Whom
nothing is strong, nothing is holy. Amen.